Their was a time when Radio or FM was my only source for listening musics and I loved using it! But things have changed now and not a lot of people use Radio or FM. Though, Audials Radio app just gives you back your memories with the old media of Streaming musics and you can’t stop loving it 🙂
What is Audials Radio App?
Audials is a free android app specially designed/made for streaming Radio stations worldwide with great quality. Unlike the older Radio devices, It can stream huge no. of Radio stations from all over the world which makes it quite more unique! In short, It contains over 90,000 radio stations from dozens of countries around the world. Included is talk radio, music radio from a ton of genres, and all of your old favorites from the FM and Radio Days! 😀
So..When you listen to radio stations, it willl set up a pre-buffer and then it essentially just streams whatever is playing on the radio directly to your device. Which you can use this on just your device speakers or connect it to other speakers using the headphone jack or Bluetooth to get a really authentic radio experience. Well.. Thats Impressive, isn’t it?
We tested the app for 3days and all we can say is it makes anyone nostalgic who has seen the Radio/FM era! 🙂 Moving towards the app, It looks clean, performs very well and the amount of stations it can catch makes it all the way better! 😀
In short, Here’s some of the best features of the Audials Radio:
- Though interface seems a bit cluttered at first but once you make your way around it, the app is actually very easy to use. You can move around quickly and find stuff pretty easily!
- Every radio station has a wealth of stuff that you can do. Which means you can record any radio station, view similar radio stations, use the Zap feature, and there is even a news tab that shows the station’s Twitter and Facebook feed if it has them. Thats a hell lot of a addition to the traditional Radio usage! 😛
- Also, It has a good list of peripheral features. The alarm clock and sleep timers both work well and are easy to use. We appreciated the equalizer even if if it’s only 5-band. As usual, Chromecast and AirPlay support are always good features to have.
- Audials Radio actually works pretty well. Of course, I was testing using a rock solid, super fast Internet connection so that’s to be expected. There weren’t any hissing sounds or drop outs although if you do experience those, the app has settings that lets you change how it works to avoid that from happening.
- I actually really like that you can access your own stored music and videos. The players aren’t as powerful as a dedicated music app or video app, but it’s nice if you have a song you want to listen to really quick.
As I said you earlier, I have been a fan of FM and this app just made my entire week by giving me back my old Radio days 😉 Well if we speak frankly, Overall the Audials Radio App is a very solid and capable radio app. It organizes its content extremely well considering how many radio stations it supports and it makes it simple to add more. The peripheral features like Chromecast and AirPlay support, alarm clock, sleep timer, equalizer, and the Zap feature make the app feel full featured and rounded out without making it feel bloated or heavy. That actually makes it a lot better than how we accessed Radio years before.
But…The main issues are few and far between and includes mostly minor nitpicks with regards to the design(ignorable) and minor issues with the features. We still think Audials Radio is a truly solid radio experience and one of the better ways to enjoy FM, Radio and AM radio in the digital age. If you want to give it a shot, it’s totally free to use with no in-app purchases and you can get to it by clicking the button below. Cheers! 🙂