Motorola or Moto, has always been loyal to Pure and Stock Android and has also rolled out promised updates with time. After the release of Android Oreo, everyone’s pretty hyped about when are the Moto Devices receiving Android Oreo and so here it is, the complete list!
The usual suspects are there, but if you were looking for Motorola to go much more than a year deep in the line-up, you might come away disappointed. The Moto Z2 and Moto Z lines are there, as is the Moto G5 family, just not much else.
Android Oreo Updates for Eligible Moto Devices:
- Moto Z2 Force (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon)
- Moto Z2 Play (Verizon, unlocked)
- Moto Z Force DROID (Verizon)
- Moto Z (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, unlocked)
- Moto Z Play (Verizon, unlocked)
- Moto G5S Plus (unlocked)
- Moto G5S (unlocked)
- Moto G5 Plus (unlocked)
- Moto G5 (unlocked)
- Moto X4
A couple of notes here:
- No Moto G4 phones are currently listed as scheduled to get Android Oreo. The Moto G4 family is just over 1 year old. Let’s hope that changes.
- Most of the carrier phones that are scheduled to get Oreo are listed as “pending partner support.” In other words, there is a chance that the phones may never see the update. Let’s hope that doesn’t change.
- We have no idea when these updates will happen since a lot of this depends on carrier partners.
Thats all we can share with you right now. But we’re pretty hopefull the update process won’t make you wait long. So stay calm and patient! Cheers!