A child who grew up in 90’s was introduced to the computer during that decade. The only known and easy to use operating system at that point of time was Windows 95. I myself grew up playing games on Windows 95. With advancement in hardware and introduction of ultra-high scale integration, our computers became more and more powerful. To compliment the better hardware, the Microsoft, king of operating system also introduced new windows. Last windows released was windows 10.
One of the Microsoft spokesperson said that every three years the top brains and developers of their organization sit together to develop a new masterpiece. But the problem is that by the time this new master piece is ready as a marketable product, the customer changes his mind about what he requires. So basically the customer gets what he wanted 3 years ago.
Earlier this year, it was reported that by end of 2016, Microsoft will be releasing the beta version of its new operating system. The operating system was supposed to be called windows 11.
There were lots of features which were rumoured to be a part of this release. There are a lot of videos which are being shared on YouTube claims to be a Demo Video of Microsoft Windows 11 Redstone Concept. Some of features reported in these videos are –
- Interface for using multiple windows in same screen, yes that seems to be a helpful upgrade as a user will be able to do multi-tasking and save a lot of time as the need to switch between the tabs would be eliminated.
- File Manager also seems to have been updated.
- Another much awaited upgrade to this edition is the better and more managed notification centre.
- It also seems that Microsoft has worked on the capabilities to make switching between apps an easy task.
- Even the graphics of this Redstone concept appears to be much better and they seems to resemble the one in Mac.
- It is also said that the new windows will be highly compatible with Android platform.
- There are a lot of new applications which are now being embedded in the new OS. Microsoft seems to have adopted the Apple approach.
- Also there are a lot of optimizations for the gamers. It’s being said that the gamers can now connect to other players on Xbox and other windows device.
But again, we don’t know how much of all this is true because this is based upon some videos which have been uploaded to YouTube. The Video claims to be a Demo of Windows 11. This is totally contradicting to the statements made by Microsoft.
As Microsoft decided to put an end to this product based approach. One of the spokesperson from Microsoft said that from now on windows operating system will be more of a service rather being a product. Which means that there will be no official release of much anticipated windows 11.
What is expected is that from now on windows will receive plugins and patches to make the existing service better. Let us wait and watch if the demo videos hold any matter or is Microsoft serious about killing the product based approach.