Hey everyone! Today I will be talking about one of the most influential and powerful video game ever, Pokemon.
On February 27th, 2016, one of Nintendo’s best selling franchise through every generation, turned 20, older than most of their main demographic. To celebrate such a large milestone, Nintendo hosted a Nintendo direct on the 26th, which is a live, planned announcement for everyone to watch. Usually these contain varying things, such as a new game, or something as small as new DLC (downloadable content). Either way, many people had been very excited for this direct and were not disappointed. Later this year, a new generation of Pokemon will be released!
The name of these two new games will be Pokemon Sun and Moon, but what will these games be consisting of? Many people have been theorizing, and a here are a few notable theories:
1. New Generation, New Pokemon The most probable outcome? Here it is. New Pokemon completely, new region, maybe even different style of game-play. Why would they choose this? Well, from past generations this formula is definitely working. These games fly off the shelves. You need to keep in mind that Nintendo is looking to get money, period. However to do that they need to keep fans happy and keep buying, which is reason not to do so. Up to now I haven’t heard any negative reaction to this, but if you have anything to say, email or comment! I’ll be watching!
2. New Generation, New Formula Others believe that everything is about to change. The theory is that this generation will be like Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold, where you could go to two different regions. Personally I’d love to see this, and may even think about buying the game then.
After this announcement Nintendo also announced that you would be able to buy Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow on the Nintendo store, now enabling you to bring Pokemon from every single game to your Pokemon Bank (a Pokemon storage system based online).
Finally, to celebrate an amazing 20 years, Nintendo are giving usually unavailable Legendary Pokemon at Gamestop or the Nintendo network. Here are the dates for which Pokemon will be given out.
- Mew: February 1 – 24 (Game Stop)
- Celebi: March 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Jirachi: April 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Darkrai: May 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Manaphy: June 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Shaymin: July 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Arceus: August 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Victini: September 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Keldeo: October 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Genesect: November 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Meloetta: December 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
Good luck all and most of all..
Happy Birthday, Pokemon!